[Pearpc-devel] minimal gdbstub for pearpc
art yerkes
2007-12-29 13:00:38 UTC
I've put together a minimal gdbstub for PearPC (currently, against the
generic CPU emulation). It can be disabled at configure time, and even
if enabled, it's pretty cheap in terms of performance cost in PearPC,
since detecting input from the socket is done in a separate thread.

The public domain header of the code from which the gdb stub originated
(it really isn't very similar anymore, but the explanatory header is the
same) is retained.

It's disabled by default (even when --enable-gdbstub is given at
configure time), but you can enable it by setting gdb_port to a port
number in the config file. You can connect gdb with the target command
like this: 'target remote :<port>'.

When enabled and a debugger is connected, as a hack, it eats program
traps. This doesn't seem to be a problem in practice. This isn't
true unless a debugger is connected.
--
"Ask Bill why the string in function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that".
- Gary Kildall
Brian Onn
2007-12-29 14:19:18 UTC
Post by art yerkes
I've put together a minimal gdbstub for PearPC (currently, against the
generic CPU emulation). It can be disabled at configure time, and even
if enabled, it's pretty cheap in terms of performance cost in PearPC,
since detecting input from the socket is done in a separate thread
This looks great! and will be very useful.

Thanks, Art.

Brian