[Pearpc-devel] anyone built pearpc on macos 10.4 intel yet?
Derrick J Brashear
2006-05-26 18:39:29 UTC
Just curious, seems like this is the obvious way to sandbox installs of
MacOS on MacOS now (work acquired an Intel Mini, and I do kernel
development on MacOS....)

Derrick
Toshimitsu Tanaka
2006-05-27 07:24:11 UTC
Post by Derrick J Brashear
Just curious, seems like this is the obvious way to sandbox
installs of MacOS on MacOS now (work acquired an Intel Mini, and I
do kernel development on MacOS....)

The PearPC for Windows runs on the Intel Mac with Darwine. :-)

--
Toshimitsu Tanaka
***@db3.so-net.ne.jp
http://toshi3.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/
Derrick Brashear
2006-06-01 04:34:24 UTC
Post by Toshimitsu Tanaka
Hi,
Post by Derrick J Brashear
Just curious, seems like this is the obvious way to sandbox
installs of MacOS on MacOS now (work acquired an Intel Mini, and I
do kernel development on MacOS....)
http://toshi3.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/images/ppc.jpg
The PearPC for Windows runs on the Intel Mac with Darwine.
All I get are X11 DRI errors (major opcode 129, minor opcode 2, request 0x57)
from Darwine.

Derrick
Jens von der Heydt
2006-06-01 08:09:19 UTC
Post by Derrick Brashear
Post by Toshimitsu Tanaka
Hi,
Post by Derrick J Brashear
Just curious, seems like this is the obvious way to sandbox
installs of MacOS on MacOS now (work acquired an Intel Mini, and I
do kernel development on MacOS....)
http://toshi3.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/images/ppc.jpg
The PearPC for Windows runs on the Intel Mac with Darwine.
All I get are X11 DRI errors (major opcode 129, minor opcode 2, request 0x57)
from Darwine.
Derrick
Maybe you can try to build it with the SDL UI.

Jens
Derrick Brashear
2006-06-01 20:36:44 UTC
Post by Jens von der Heydt
Post by Derrick Brashear
All I get are X11 DRI errors (major opcode 129, minor opcode 2, request 0x57)
from Darwine.
Derrick
Maybe you can try to build it with the SDL UI.
Ick, I'm using Richard Goodwin's builds, I don't even have a Windows toolchain.

However, the issue is with Darwine, namely, that here:
forum.osx86project.org/lofiversion/index.php/t9821.html

Derrick
Jens von der Heydt
2006-06-02 06:09:43 UTC
Post by Derrick Brashear
forum.osx86project.org/lofiversion/index.php/t9821.html
I thought you wanted to run PearPC on MacOS Intel? You'd better
build PearPC on that plattform using gcc, there's no need to use a
windows binary. Regarding that thread you mentioned, I don't
see any actuall connection to PearPC there. Perhaps you can
describe your problem a little bit more.

Jens
Derrick Brashear
2006-06-02 18:54:44 UTC
Post by Jens von der Heydt
Post by Derrick Brashear
forum.osx86project.org/lofiversion/index.php/t9821.html
I thought you wanted to run PearPC on MacOS Intel?
I do. If you go back to the first reply to this thread, someone pointed at
running the Windows pearpc binary in Darwine, which, yes, does mostly work after
you do what's described in that link. It's not pretty (the whole thing has a
blue tint, which I remember as a colormap issue when I was doing some previous
development on getting this to work using generic on PowerPC hardware.
Post by Jens von der Heydt
You'd better
build PearPC on that plattform using gcc, there's no need to use a
windows binary.
The x86 optimization uses intel_syntax in the assembly. Apple's assembler
doesn't support it. GAS doesn't build on MacOS Intel. Hence my asking the
question in the first place.

Really, I wouldn't care at all if I could virtualize an Intel host capable of
running OSX, it's not even a question of legality, I have a license to run OSX
on the (Intel) Mac Mini, and I am, but crashing the running system while you're
doing kernel development sucks, I want a sandbox. So the next closest step is
crashing a virtual PowerPC running on the Intel Mac. Well, if I did assembler, I
could port the intel syntax assembler to something Apple's assembler dealt with,
and be happy.
Post by Jens von der Heydt
Regarding that thread you mentioned, I don't
see any actuall connection to PearPC there.
Correct.
Post by Jens von der Heydt
Perhaps you can
describe your problem a little bit more.
As above.

Derrick
John Kelley

Derrick Brashear
2006-06-03 05:19:44 UTC
Post by John Kelley
Or you could probably just install OSX for intel inside of a Parallels
instance http://www.parallels.com/
If you figure out how to do that, well, I'd like to know. Read their forum.
(forum.parallels.com)

Derrick
Jens von der Heydt
2006-06-03 07:06:09 UTC
Post by John Kelley
Or you could probably just install OSX for intel inside of a Parallels
instance http://www.parallels.com/
- John
That would actually be a better idea considering PearPCs current
inability to
singlestop in debugging mode.

Jens
Simon Biber
2006-06-04 16:06:04 UTC
Post by Derrick Brashear
Post by Jens von der Heydt
You'd better
build PearPC on that plattform using gcc, there's no need to use a
windows binary.
The x86 optimization uses intel_syntax in the assembly. Apple's assembler
doesn't support it. GAS doesn't build on MacOS Intel. Hence my asking the
question in the first place.
What about using NASM?

http://nasm.darwinports.com/
--