[Pearpc-devel] Could a Genesi EFIKA PowerPC computer be useful for PearPC development?
Alex Smith
2006-02-20 19:26:41 UTC
Would a Genesi EFIKA (http://www.genesippc.com/efika.php) be useful in the
development of PearPC (i.e. as a PowerPC reference)? The EFIKA is a small
PowerPC system. The reason I am saying this is because of Genesi's developer
program. Basically, you can sign up to get an EFIKA on this program (
http://projects.ppczone.org/projects.php?program=EFIKA).
Daniel Foesch
2006-02-24 17:54:36 UTC
Post by Alex Smith
Would a Genesi EFIKA (http://www.genesippc.com/efika.php)
be useful in the development of PearPC (i.e. as a PowerPC reference)? The
EFIKA is a small PowerPC system. The reason I am saying this is because of
Genesi's developer program. Basically, you can sign up to get an EFIKA on
this program (
http://projects.ppczone.org/projects.php?program=EFIKA).
I would say most of the main developers already have a Mac as a
reference system, so I don't imagine it would be extremely useful.

Naturally, it looks pretty cool, but I couldn't really speak for it's
usefulness.

Since it's already a PowerPC process the system loses some of the
usefullness one might get it for. I'd probably say a Mac Intel system
would be greatly more useful for any of our developers. I will likely
buy a Mac Mini when they come out with an Intel variant, which would
allow me to work some on PearPC for OSX Intel.

--
Daniel Foesch