[Pearpc-devel] promboot.cc rev 1.21 breaks compilation on Mac OS X
Christian Walther
2006-03-16 13:05:29 UTC
Just a quick notice as I don't intend to spend a lot of time on this:

As I recently posted on the general list, PearPC CVS from 2006-03-02 ran
on Mac OS X (PPC). I just tried compiling today's CVS and found that
revision 1.21 of src/io/prom/promboot.cc fails to compile. The problem
seems to be that "elf.h" is not found, is that a system header on Linux?
Unfortunately the commit message of that revision is not very helpful
(it just says "."), but things seem to work if I just revert it to
revision 1.20 (apart from the fact that booting now takes 2.5 hours
compared to 0.5 before).

-Christian
Sebastian Biallas
2006-03-16 15:52:29 UTC
Post by Christian Walther
As I recently posted on the general list, PearPC CVS from 2006-03-02 ran
on Mac OS X (PPC). I just tried compiling today's CVS and found that
revision 1.21 of src/io/prom/promboot.cc fails to compile. The problem
seems to be that "elf.h" is not found,
I'm already fixing this...

Sebastian
Sebastian Biallas
2006-03-16 23:19:25 UTC
Post by Christian Walther
As I recently posted on the general list, PearPC CVS from 2006-03-02 ran
on Mac OS X (PPC). I just tried compiling today's CVS and found that
revision 1.21 of src/io/prom/promboot.cc fails to compile. The problem
seems to be that "elf.h" is not found, is that a system header on Linux?
Unfortunately the commit message of that revision is not very helpful
(it just says "."), but things seem to work if I just revert it to
revision 1.20 (apart from the fact that booting now takes 2.5 hours
compared to 0.5 before).
Ok, fixed again.

Daniel, your code didn't work with yaboot. Now I'm using the old code
again (after breaking your code completely.. I just understand how it
was supposed to work). Can you please take a look?

Sebastian
Daniel Foesch
2006-03-17 01:53:56 UTC
Post by Sebastian Biallas
Post by Christian Walther
As I recently posted on the general list, PearPC CVS from 2006-03-02 ran
on Mac OS X (PPC). I just tried compiling today's CVS and found that
revision 1.21 of src/io/prom/promboot.cc fails to compile. The problem
seems to be that "elf.h" is not found, is that a system header on Linux?
Unfortunately the commit message of that revision is not very helpful
(it just says "."), but things seem to work if I just revert it to
revision 1.20 (apart from the fact that booting now takes 2.5 hours
compared to 0.5 before).
Ok, fixed again.
Daniel, your code didn't work with yaboot. Now I'm using the old code
again (after breaking your code completely.. I just understand how it
was supposed to work). Can you please take a look?
Ah... I see... yeah, I can take a look.

--
Daniel Foesch