[Pearpc-devel] sdl: show/hide cursor
Sebastian Biallas
2005-12-15 00:33:26 UTC
Does somebody need this bug?

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1212367&group_id=108675&atid=651197

AFAIK the cursor show/hide things were changed on purpose because they
confuse some remote desktop applications.

Sebastian
Daniel Foesch
2005-12-15 07:32:41 UTC
I don't know if it's necessarily related, but there is an issue with
the Linux SDL builds that will cause the mouse to get "locked" on a
horizontal or vertical line. As if the cursor were at the edge of the
window (but it's not, as the cursor is sitting there in the middle of
the screen)

People were saying that this bug was introduced when the fix for the
remote desktop situation was "fixed". And when it comes down to
things, Linux SDL local use should override Windows Remote Desktop
use.

(we have far more people trying to use PearPC on Linux with SDL than
PearPC on Windows through Remote Connection)
Daniel Foesch
Sebastian Biallas
2005-12-15 18:53:05 UTC
Post by Daniel Foesch
I don't know if it's necessarily related, but there is an issue with
the Linux SDL builds that will cause the mouse to get "locked" on a
horizontal or vertical line. As if the cursor were at the edge of the
window (but it's not, as the cursor is sitting there in the middle of
the screen)
People were saying that this bug was introduced when the fix for the
remote desktop situation was "fixed". And when it comes down to
things, Linux SDL local use should override Windows Remote Desktop
use.
Grml. That means I have to provide SDL and non-SDL builds for windows.

Sebastian
Daniel Foesch
2005-12-15 19:12:33 UTC
Post by Sebastian Biallas
Post by Daniel Foesch
I don't know if it's necessarily related, but there is an issue with
the Linux SDL builds that will cause the mouse to get "locked" on a
horizontal or vertical line. As if the cursor were at the edge of the
window (but it's not, as the cursor is sitting there in the middle of
the screen)
People were saying that this bug was introduced when the fix for the
remote desktop situation was "fixed". And when it comes down to
things, Linux SDL local use should override Windows Remote Desktop
use.
Grml. That means I have to provide SDL and non-SDL builds for windows.
Let it be known that working for Microsoft has not improved my opinion
of Windows... it hasn't DAMAGED my position at all... but more just
re-enforcing what I was already always frustrated with.

Daniel Foesch
Sebastian Biallas
2005-12-15 19:57:09 UTC
Post by Daniel Foesch
Let it be known that working for Microsoft has not improved my opinion
of Windows... it hasn't DAMAGED my position at all... but more just
re-enforcing what I was already always frustrated with.
Hey, this is not a Windows bug. It's a bug of either Linux, X11 or SDL
or this remote desktop software on the other hand.

Sebastian
Daniel Foesch
2005-12-16 02:50:13 UTC
Post by Sebastian Biallas
Post by Daniel Foesch
Let it be known that working for Microsoft has not improved my opinion
of Windows... it hasn't DAMAGED my position at all... but more just
re-enforcing what I was already always frustrated with.
Hey, this is not a Windows bug. It's a bug of either Linux, X11 or SDL
or this remote desktop software on the other hand.
Microsoft writes remote desktop software. Likely the one in question.

I'm not saying that Windows sucks, far from it, it accomplishes its
tasks... just same as I get annoyed with US keyboards anymore, it's
not what I'm accustomed to, and things annoy me about its design.

Daniel Foesch
Sebastian Biallas
2005-12-16 10:43:10 UTC
Post by Daniel Foesch
Post by Sebastian Biallas
Post by Daniel Foesch
Let it be known that working for Microsoft has not improved my opinion
of Windows... it hasn't DAMAGED my position at all... but more just
re-enforcing what I was already always frustrated with.
Hey, this is not a Windows bug. It's a bug of either Linux, X11 or SDL
or this remote desktop software on the other hand.
Microsoft writes remote desktop software. Likely the one in question.
Oh, I didn't tought of that :)
Post by Daniel Foesch
I'm not saying that Windows sucks, far from it, it accomplishes its
tasks... just same as I get annoyed with US keyboards anymore, it's
not what I'm accustomed to, and things annoy me about its design.
Anyway, there seems to be bug with SDL if we don't hide the cursor
(although it never happend to me)... Maybe it's even a pearpc bug in the
first place?
Post by Daniel Foesch
Daniel Foesch
Jens von der Heydt
2005-12-16 10:57:03 UTC
Post by Daniel Foesch
Post by Daniel Foesch
--
Daniel Foesch
I'll have a look at this problem. Just installing a fresh

I'm having more time to work on PearPC again.

Greets to all,

Jens
Daniel Foesch
2005-12-16 18:35:11 UTC
Post by Jens von der Heydt
Post by Sebastian Biallas
Post by Daniel Foesch
Post by Daniel Foesch
--
Daniel Foesch
I'll have a look at this problem. Just installing a fresh
Linux right now....
I'm having more time to work on PearPC again.
Greets to all,
Jens
Sounds good. I've not done much actual first hand looking into the
cause of the problem; I've just seen the problem, so I know it's
there.

As Sebastian said, it's possible that this isn't a bug in anything but
PearPC, and that we just need to look into it, and correct the
problem.

Either way, this should definitely be resolved.

Daniel Foesch
Jens von der Heydt
2005-12-16 20:39:31 UTC
Post by Daniel Foesch
Post by Jens von der Heydt
I'll have a look at this problem. Just installing a fresh
Linux right now....
I'm having more time to work on PearPC again.
Greets to all,
Jens
Sounds good. I've not done much actual first hand looking into the
cause of the problem; I've just seen the problem, so I know it's
there.
As Sebastian said, it's possible that this isn't a bug in anything but
PearPC, and that we just need to look into it, and correct the
problem.
Either way, this should definitely be resolved.
--
Daniel Foesch
true, does anybody know what programm they were using (remote desktop)
so I could validate the problem?

Jens