[Pearpc-devel] SDL UI issues
Alex Smith
2005-10-16 07:05:46 UTC
I have noticed that there are some bugs in the SDL port, and they really
should be fixed if 0.4 is to be released, because SDL is the UI of
choice on *NIX.

The things I have noticed are:
* Compile error in sysdisplay.cc, function updateTitle. Try compiling
the SDL ui to see.
* Input issues. With the mouse, there sometime seems to be invisible
'walls', which the cursor can't move past. Also, the keyboard input is
totally wrong. Pressing a key earlier resulted in Safari closing and 7
finder windows appearing.

Thanks,

Alex Smith (alex_extreme)
Daniel Foesch
2005-10-16 07:52:42 UTC
Hm... yeah. These problems aren't there in the Windows SDL
apparently, as I've had this discussion on the PearPC.net forums with
some people.

Apparently at some point, someone put in a change to fix PearPC when
used with Windows remote client, and this is when the bug was
introduced. I don't know enough about the SDL and UI part to fix this
problem. If someone has a good idea of what's wrong here, and can
enact a change (*even if it breaks Windows remote desktop*) that would
be nice. I'm saying that this should be taken even if it breaks
Windows remote desktop, because local execution in all environments
should be first priority. If some change for Windows remote desktop
broke *nix local execution, then we'll back it out, until your fix
doesn't break local execution.

If someone can get me a bugfix to fix the *nix SDL, I'll get it in as
soon as I can verify it.
Daniel Foesch
Alex Smith
2005-10-16 17:34:31 UTC
Post by Alex Smith
I have noticed that there are some bugs in the SDL port, and they really
should be fixed if 0.4 is to be released, because SDL is the UI of
choice on *NIX.
* Compile error in sysdisplay.cc, function updateTitle. Try compiling
the SDL ui to see.
* Input issues. With the mouse, there sometime seems to be invisible
'walls', which the cursor can't move past. Also, the keyboard input is
totally wrong. Pressing a key earlier resulted in Safari closing and 7
finder windows appearing.
Thanks,
Alex Smith (alex_extreme)
Daniel Foesch
Hmm... I just tried dropping in older revisions of the sdl ui. There
appears to be a change in SDL which causes the compile error:

sysdisplay.cc: In member function `virtual void
SDLSystemDisplay::updateTitle()
':
sysdisplay.cc:112: error: cannot convert `String' to `const char*' for
argument
`1' to `void SDL_WM_SetCaption(const char*, const char*)'

But the mouse and keyboard issues are still there :/

Alex
Daniel Foesch
2005-10-17 08:12:57 UTC
Post by Alex Smith
Hmm... I just tried dropping in older revisions of the sdl ui. There
sysdisplay.cc: In member function `virtual void
SDLSystemDisplay::updateTitle()
sysdisplay.cc:112: error: cannot convert `String' to `const char*' for
argument
`1' to `void SDL_WM_SetCaption(const char*, const char*)'
This was an issue we hand earlier. I thought Sebastian fixed it for
the *nix clients already. ???
Post by Alex Smith
But the mouse and keyboard issues are still there :/
You'd have to go further back than this change. It was maybe months ago.

--
Daniel Foesch