[Pearpc-devel] VvAGRA
Rhona Frizzell
2006-10-10 10:45:45 UTC

VvAGRA for less http://www.basedunkionmasde.com

_____

I turned on the handlight, it was really black under the almost
Floyd. To answer your question-I do. It was a very powerful explosive.
Life is a bit different here, isnt it Jim?
Jens von der Heydt
2006-10-10 11:04:48 UTC
Guys, can we please change the list config? We have to do something
against these spammers....

Jens
Post by Rhona Frizzell
Hi,
VvAGRA for less http://www.basedunkionmasde.com
I turned on the handlight, it was really black under the almost
Floyd. To answer your question-I do. It was a very powerful explosive.
Life is a bit different here, isnt it Jim?
---
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to
share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn
cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?
page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV________________________________
Hugh McMaster
2006-10-10 11:26:16 UTC
I agree. It is really quite shocking. What are you proposing to do, Jens?
------------------------------
Joe Abbey
2006-10-10 11:41:45 UTC
Assuming pearpc-devel is a mailman mailing list, you can allow only members
of the mailing list to post.

It sounds like either there are members of the list that are not really
members (ie the subscription rules are too lax), or that the non-member
filter is a bit too nice.

I would propose that you hold all non-member posts and the list admin prune
the bad ones out.

Cheers,

Joe
Jens von der Heydt
2006-10-10 12:33:24 UTC
Post by Joe Abbey
Assuming pearpc-devel is a mailman mailing list, you can allow only
members of the mailing list to post.
It sounds like either there are members of the list that are not
really members (ie the subscription rules are too lax), or that the
non-member filter is a bit too nice.
I would propose that you hold all non-member posts and the list
admin prune the bad ones out.
Cheers,
Joe
I guess that sourceforge has some tools or configs for the list. I do
think that you don't have to be subscribed to post.
Sebastian should check that. Another option would be to recheck the
subscriber's email address every week
to thin out the list of spammers.

Jens
Cassy "SnowGirl"
2006-10-10 14:02:29 UTC
Post by Jens von der Heydt
Post by Joe Abbey
Assuming pearpc-devel is a mailman mailing list, you can allow only
members of the mailing list to post.
It sounds like either there are members of the list that are not
really members (ie the subscription rules are too lax), or that the
non-member filter is a bit too nice.
I would propose that you hold all non-member posts and the list
admin prune the bad ones out.
Cheers,
Joe
I guess that sourceforge has some tools or configs for the list. I do
think that you don't have to be subscribed to post.
Sebastian should check that. Another option would be to recheck the
subscriber's email address every week
to thin out the list of spammers.
Jens
Yes, I agree, this is pretty ridiculous... I can't imagine that SourceForge
doesn't have a sort of spam filter in place anyways.. heck, maybe they do,
it just is missing two or three messages a week...
Cassy
Christopher
2006-10-10 17:06:42 UTC
Crystal Space (another source forge project, with a very active mailinglist)
had this problem a few months ago. It was solved by simply not allowing
nonmember messages. (As Jens was talking about.) After all it's child's play
to write a bot to crawl sourceforge for mailing list addresses. It's a bit
more difficult to have it create SF accounts.

--Chris
Post by Cassy "SnowGirl"
Post by Jens von der Heydt
Post by Joe Abbey
[...]
Christopher S. Case
Project Head
The Seventh Game: Precursors
http://games.g33xnexus.com/precursors
(716) 785 - 5553(Cellphone)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"To err is human. To forgive, divine.
To fix mistakes, now that's an Engineer."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sebastian Biallas
2006-10-11 19:31:27 UTC
Post by Cassy "SnowGirl"
Yes, I agree, this is pretty ridiculous... I can't imagine that
SourceForge doesn't have a sort of spam filter in place anyways.. heck,
maybe they do, it just is missing two or three messages a week...
The have a spam filter. Don't know if or how it works.

But I don't find an option to filter out a messages from unsubcribed
users. I could only make this list private (what I don't consider).

Sebastian
Christian Walther
2006-10-11 20:22:48 UTC
Post by Sebastian Biallas
But I don't find an option to filter out a messages from unsubcribed
users. I could only make this list private (what I don't consider).
There should be an "Action to take for postings from non-members for
which no explicit action is defined" here:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/admin/pearpc-devel/privacy/sender

(I just happen to be considering the same step for one of my own SF
mailing lists. I didn't do it yet, so I'm not completely sure, but I
think it's that setting.)

-Christian
Puneet Madaan
2006-10-12 07:15:43 UTC
The problem is that these peoples are using some Image stuff as well...or
sometimes use words like VvAGRA ... which advance SPAM filter like one from
googlemail also does not recoganize.

anyways is there a way that we can be collabrate with black frog project....
? as this spam stuff is really on extreme in PearPC project.
black frog is here http://www.okopipi.org/
Sebastian Biallas
2006-10-12 12:07:04 UTC
Post by Christian Walther
Post by Sebastian Biallas
But I don't find an option to filter out a messages from unsubcribed
users. I could only make this list private (what I don't consider).
There should be an "Action to take for postings from non-members for
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/admin/pearpc-devel/privacy/sender
Urgs. I did it, and could no longer post to pearpc-devel. (I'm
subscribed with pearpc()biallas.net but post with sb()biallas.net)

I think I can bear those one or two spams a day, it's better than making
subscriptions harder.

Sebastian
Puneet Madaan
2006-10-12 12:13:34 UTC
Sebastian @
ask black frog Project http://www.okopipi.org/
its opensource anyways....
Jens von der Heydt
2006-10-12 16:05:18 UTC
Post by Christian Walther
Post by Sebastian Biallas
But I don't find an option to filter out a messages from unsubcribed
users. I could only make this list private (what I don't consider).
There should be an "Action to take for postings from non-members for
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/admin/pearpc-devel/privacy/sender
Urgs. I did it, and could no longer post to pearpc-devel. (I'm
subscribed with pearpc()biallas.net but post with sb()biallas.net)
I think I can bear those one or two spams a day, it's better than making
subscriptions harder.
Sebastian
Hmm, where's the problem in posting to the list using your subscription
email? I don't find that very hard.

Jens
r***@richardgoodwin.com
2006-10-12 17:01:35 UTC
Jens.

If u use wildcard domain addresses (like ***@mydomain.com) for incoming, you may just fwd them all to your main address. Replying from the specific email isn't very easy then, as you'd have to setup an account for each address you use.
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.

Jens von der Heydt
2006-10-12 19:26:06 UTC
Post by Jens von der Heydt
Hmm, where's the problem in posting to the list using your subscription
email? I don't find that very hard.
It isn't hard per se, but I'd have to carefully watch that I use the
correct "From"-address. Everytime. And everyone.

Sebastian
Jens von der Heydt
2006-10-12 22:08:57 UTC
Post by Jens von der Heydt
Hmm, where's the problem in posting to the list using your
subscription
email? I don't find that very hard.
It isn't hard per se, but I'd have to carefully watch that I use the
correct "From"-address. Everytime. And everyone.
Sebastian
-
Ok, then let's watch the number of spam mails that get's onto the list.
If it is reaching a higher level, we should seriously consider to use
this
final step (above) then.

Jens