[Pearpc-devel] graphics card
Dario Protti
2006-06-23 13:40:28 UTC
Hi there,

I would like to run a program that requires the use of a particular graphics
card. When I run it under pearpc it opens, but when I try to configure the
monitors it doesn't recognise any graphics card/monitor. Is there any way of
"fooling" it and make the pearpc believe that the computer has a Radeon
card?

Thanks a lot,

John Kelley
2006-06-23 16:23:15 UTC
Not unless you want to write an emulation layer to present a Radeon to
PearPC. I'm pretty sure that simply changing the deviceIDs would make
OSX try and load proper Radeon drivers which would crash very badly.

- John
Post by Dario Protti
Hi there,
I would like to run a program that requires the use of a particular graphics
card. When I run it under pearpc it opens, but when I try to configure the
monitors it doesn't recognise any graphics card/monitor. Is there any way of
"fooling" it and make the pearpc believe that the computer has a Radeon
card?
Thanks a lot,
easier
Eric Harmon
2006-07-03 22:23:07 UTC
If you deleted the Radeon drivers first, OS X would fall back to VESA, yet
still think you had a Radeon card. So that would work nicely.

-Eric
Post by Dario Protti
"fooling" it and make the pearpc believe that the computer has a Radeon
card?
Thanks a lot,
security?
Post by Dario Protti
easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
Geronimo
Post by Dario Protti
easier