[Pearpc-devel] Questions about some patches
Alex Smith
2006-03-07 20:59:06 UTC
Since there are problems with SDL at the moment, would it be possible to fix
up this patch:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=998521&group_id=108675&atid=651197?

Also, can this patch be added to CVS?
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1188923&group_id=108675&atid=651197

Finally, were these two patches by Daniel ever added to CVS?
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1171286&group_id=108675&atid=651197
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1171273&group_id=108675&atid=651197
Sebastian Biallas
2006-03-07 21:17:57 UTC
Post by Alex Smith
Since there are problems with SDL at the moment, would it be possible to
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=998521&group_id=108675&atid=651197
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=998521&group_id=108675&atid=651197>
?
Well, it's pretty obious why this is not in CVS: It doesn't work for
people that don't have <X11/extensions/xf86vmode.h>. Make it
configurable/autodetect/whatever and it will be accepted.
Post by Alex Smith
Also, can this patch be added to CVS?
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1188923&group_id=108675&atid=651197
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1188923&group_id=108675&atid=651197>
This changecd stuff was always pretty broken in pearpc. To make this
really work there have to be some sort of gui.
Post by Alex Smith
Finally, were these two patches by Daniel ever added to CVS?
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1171286&group_id=108675&atid=651197
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1171286&group_id=108675&atid=651197>
Has to be rewritten.
Post by Alex Smith
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1171273&group_id=108675&atid=651197
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1171273&group_id=108675&atid=651197>
Is it needed?

Sebastian
Sebastian Biallas
2006-03-07 23:01:50 UTC
Ok, done.
Daniel Foesch
2006-03-08 02:38:25 UTC
Post by Sebastian Biallas
Post by Sebastian Biallas
Post by Alex Smith
Finally, were these two patches by Daniel ever added to CVS?
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1171286&group_id=108675&atid=651197
Has to be rewritten.
Ok, done.
Did you go ahead and rewrite that, and put it into CVS?

I think I avoided adding it for the reasons stated in the patch page:
it's only used in some 1% of EA->PA calls, and thus provides no
statistically significant speed up.

It should be noted that if someone is wondering if a patch by me ever
got accepted into CVS, that I actually have CVS write permissions. If
a patch by me is sitting on SF.net for a long time, it's not because
no one ever approved it.

Daniel Foesch
Sebastian Biallas
2006-03-08 11:07:24 UTC
Post by Daniel Foesch
Did you go ahead and rewrite that, and put it into CVS?
Yes.
Post by Daniel Foesch
it's only used in some 1% of EA->PA calls, and thus provides no
statistically significant speed up.
At least it reduces code size.

Sebastian
Daniel Foesch
2006-03-08 02:35:54 UTC
Post by Sebastian Biallas
Post by Alex Smith
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1171273&group_id=108675&atid=651197
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1171273&group_id=108675&atid=651197>
Is it needed?
If it's needed or not, it's already in the CVS. I put it in well
before 0.4 release. Although, like I mention in the bug, it never
really gets used by OSX anyways.

Daniel Foesch
Sebastian Biallas
2006-03-08 11:17:06 UTC
Post by Daniel Foesch
If it's needed or not, it's already in the CVS. I put it in well
before 0.4 release. Although, like I mention in the bug, it never
really gets used by OSX anyways.
Why isn't the bug closed then? Do you miss some sf privilege?

Sebastian
Daniel Foesch
2006-03-08 16:58:33 UTC
Post by Sebastian Biallas
Post by Daniel Foesch
If it's needed or not, it's already in the CVS. I put it in well
before 0.4 release. Although, like I mention in the bug, it never
really gets used by OSX anyways.
Why isn't the bug closed then? Do you miss some sf privilege?
Exactly. I didn't have have the privileges to close arbitrary
patches, and I accidentally didn't submit the patch as myself.

--
Daniel Foesch