[Pearpc-devel] PearPC or Equivalent on OS 9?
Barry Kort
2006-03-29 13:14:17 UTC
Richard Goodwin suggested I post this question to the PearPC
Developer's List...

What I'm looking for is something like PearPC that runs under OS 9.1 on
a Mac 7200 with a Sonnet Crescendo G3 CPU upgrade.

Barry Kort
Date: March 29, 2006 7:32:32 AM EST
Subject: Re: PearPC or Equivalent on OS 9?
Barry,
Unfortunately I do not know of one, but try sending the question to
the pearpc-devel mailing list and see what you kick up.
Richard
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 7:02 PM
Subject: PearPC or Equivalent on OS 9?
Hi Richard.
I have a Mac 7200 with a Sonnet G3 Upgrade. It only runs OS 9.1,
drivers for it for Mac OS up to 9.1
I was looking for a PowerPC emulator that ran as an application on OS
9 with a G3 upgrade.
Are you aware of anything like PearPC that runs under OS 9?
Thanks for any hints.
Barry Kort
Ronald Stoddard
2006-03-29 16:49:00 UTC
Why don't you use bootx booter for linux and setup MOL (mac on linux)
http://maconlinux.org/ -- then you can run 9/10/linux apps all day
long:

Yellow Dog Linux can do it:
http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/products/ydl/

It is a little hacky -- but It could do what you want (don't know for sure)