[Pearpc-devel] help please, troubleshooting
Josh Travian
2006-12-09 23:35:05 UTC
Hey, i didn't know who to write to so I'm just sending an email here. I'm
trying to install Mac OS X 10.4 on my computer but cant get it to work.
Whenever i start pearpc via ppc.cfg, the window only blinks up for a second
and then disappears. When i start it up via cmd, the feedback remains. It
says

start:512
start:43380736
getStartBlock: 0 Apple_HFS
getStartBlock: 1 Apple_HFS
getStartBlock: 0 Apple_HFS
getStartBlock: 1 Apple_HFS
[IO/PROM] <Error> can't open boot file

C:\PearPC>

please help me because I've spent hours trying to configure this correctly
but i can't seem to get it right

-Josh
Cassy "SnowGirl"
2006-12-10 00:45:04 UTC
Post by Josh Travian
Hey, i didn't know who to write to so I'm just sending an email here. I'm
trying to install Mac OS X 10.4 on my computer but cant get it to work.
Whenever i start pearpc via ppc.cfg, the window only blinks up for a
second and then disappears. When i start it up via cmd, the feedback
remains. It says
start:512
start:43380736
getStartBlock: 0 Apple_HFS
getStartBlock: 1 Apple_HFS
getStartBlock: 0 Apple_HFS
getStartBlock: 1 Apple_HFS
[IO/PROM] <Error> can't open boot file
C:\PearPC>
please help me because I've spent hours trying to configure this correctly
but i can't seem to get it right
This error is only printed if PearPC cannot find a boot file on the media
that you are attempting to boot from. Try setting the boot option to
"select", and then make sure that you're booting from the CD/DVD image.

Some other questions, which version of PearPC are you runnng? Do you have a
CD or a DVD image? (This can be sometimes signficant, if you have an older
version of PearPC, then a DVD image can be too large, and could result in
this message.)

Does this problem repro in the newest version of PearPC available from
http://pearpc.sourceforge.net/?
Cassy
Josh Travian
2006-12-12 17:34:48 UTC
i am using a cd .iso image of Mac OS X 10.4 tiger. I tried using selection
and none of the choices worked. All gave me a boot error. Also, i am
using the newest version of PearPC (0.4.0) and i can't get it to work. I
think that i may have copied the ISO incorrectly. That is the only reason
that i can think of. So to get the ISO, should I use Nero or is there a
better way to do it.
Thanks a lot for the help,
Josh
Hugh McMaster
2006-12-12 22:13:02 UTC
Post by Josh Travian
i am using a cd .iso image of Mac OS X 10.4 tiger. I tried using selection
and none of the choices worked. All gave me a boot error. Also, i am
using the newest version of PearPC (0.4.0) and i can't get it to work. I
think that i may have copied the ISO incorrectly. That is the only reason
that i can think of. So to get the ISO, should I use Nero or is there a
better way to do it.
Hi Josh,

Using Nero should create a reliable ISO image. However, configuration
file errors can also contribute to such an error.

Hope this helps.

Hugh