[Pearpc-devel] problem with gdb
Jens von der Heydt
2006-05-15 15:19:36 UTC

I need to debug the assembler parts of pearpc, mainly jitc_tools.S
and jitc_mmu.S but GDB seems to have
problems allocating the symbols here.

starting gdb and using "break ppc_start_jitc_asm" for example ends up
in the sourcefile sysvethun.c instead of jitc_tools.S.

Does anybody know why this happens?

I did not have problems with debugging the nasm sources but since we
switched
to gas ....

Jens
Sebastian Biallas
2006-05-16 15:11:43 UTC
I need to debug the assembler parts of pearpc, mainly jitc_tools.S and
jitc_mmu.S but GDB seems to have
problems allocating the symbols here.
starting gdb and using "break ppc_start_jitc_asm" for example ends up
in the sourcefile sysvethun.c instead of jitc_tools.S.
Does anybody know why this happens?
I have no idea. But I'd recommend td32 for debugging.

- --
Sebastian
Jens von der Heydt
2006-05-16 15:15:58 UTC
Hi,
I need to debug the assembler parts of pearpc, mainly jitc_tools.S and
jitc_mmu.S but GDB seems to have
problems allocating the symbols here.
starting gdb and using "break ppc_start_jitc_asm" for example ends up
in the sourcefile sysvethun.c instead of jitc_tools.S.
Does anybody know why this happens?
I have no idea. But I'd recommend td32 for debugging.
- --
Sebastian
Last time we talked about td32 it did not support x86_64, right? :)

Jens