[Pearpc-devel] yarn
Olivia Jimenez
2006-09-08 20:21:13 UTC
Recovering himself, he turned on them snarling andasked,Are you afraid? Perhaps thatcaptain of the eunuchs whom I had cut down gave the alarm before hedied.
Then when all seemed lost the God we worshipped spoke a word in heavenand saved us.
We reached the walls and rushed into them by the little twisting path.
So I believe, O King, although I never knew her mother, as I toldPharaoh Amasis in the past.
The King isgreater than all the conquered gods of all the peoples!
Soon we shall meet before Godsjudgment seat, we and this king.
Then as I suspected, that old Hebrew dream-doctor keeps badcompany.
Some of that glittering mob were overthrownand trampled, among them my mother. Soon we shall meet before Godsjudgment seat, we and this king.
How soon men forget the voices of those they thought fair enough tohold close not a sunrise ago!
Then I stepped back and showed the great jewel flashing onthe ground like to a tigers evil eye.
She peered down the little passage to learnwhether it were empty, and I glanced back at the hall.
They bore them in withribald shouts and lo!
At that moment the moon thathad been half hidden by a cloud, shone out fully. I stared at him who also wondered how he knew that we were coming. We rose and clothed ourselves as best we could. Still ought we not to seek help and break down the door which we haveno tools to do?
I caught it up and threw it over Myras gorgeous bridalrobe, drawing the hood over her head. Aye, we ate and drank with appetite fornever were meat and drink more needed.
I am not sure of it, but one of the guards called her Adna. Then suddenlythe prophet appeared among us. More, he had driven a knife into herthroat to still her struggles while he robbed her. So be it, for we have done our best, but be careful of that trinket,said the first voice. At length the king rose and spoke, and I who sat not far from him,could hear every word he said. Farewell, and may the gods who have forgotten me, always remember you,as I shall. O King, she cried and pointed to the wall.